Leander offers a unique blend of Texas Hill Country living in theurban Austin metropolitan area with scenic landscapes, wildlife andwaterways enjoyed by many of our community residents andvisitors.
Quality of life is very good in Leander and one of the many reasons people relocate here.
- Leander was recently named the fastest growing city in the state.
- Access to the Hill Country and proximity to Austin creates many opportunities for artistic, entertainment and recreational pursuits.
- The Leander Independent School District has an excellent academic reputation.
- The University of Texas and Austin Community College are the two largest (out of seven) institutions of higher education in the region,and Leander is home of its very own Austin Community College campus.
- Leander is also served by a growing number of medical centers including St David’s Medical Center, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, Baylor Scott & White, Georgetown Medical Center, and North Austin Medical Center.
- Capital MetroRail offers comfortable, friendly and reliable service Monday through Friday between Leander and downtown Austin.
Leander was ranked as the 5th best suburb to move to in the Nation in 2021 by Homes.com and has continued to rank highly on both national and state rankings of communities to live in and raise a family.